The Sewing Depot is a well-established sewing boutique, based in Petone. Our small team are passionate about developing our brand to provide quality supplies for the modern creative. The Sewing Depot is all about embracing the shop small, love local culture. Day to day, we cater to a wide range of customers including the home sewist, small business owners and local creative families in the area. Our products range from notions and haberdashery through to machinery and commercial supplies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Numerical competence for dealing with sales, invoices and stock counting.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when cutting and measuring stock.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work solo.
- Ability to maintain a positive, energetic culture within our small team
- Must be confident with stock management and general administration.
- An understanding of Point of Sale in-store systems and experience on a till/register.
- Must be computer literate and able to use an ipad, as most of our inventory and communication systems are computer-based.
- Ideally, experience in sewing, knitting and/or crafting is helpful but not necessarily required. We can offer training and coaching if needed as our priority is finding someone with the right attitude, leadership skills and willingness to learn.
- Some lifting is required every now and then due to the range of machinery on site.
About the Role
This role will be based at our Petone store, whilst catering to our larger nationwide online customer base. Our shop opening hours are 10am-5pm weekdays, 11am-4pm Saturdays and we will have approximately 30 flexible hours available within these times. Saturdays are mandatory for this position.
This role revolves around three main aspects: Sales, Service and Stock.
- Achieving sales targets and KPI’s
- Merchandising to company standards to drive sales
- POS experience
- Vigilance to minimise stock loss
- Excellent customer service and selling skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to a wide range of customers
- A positive, passionate and high performing personality
- Confident with providing product knowledge/advice when needed in-store or via phone/email to customers
- Stock management, stock taking and planning processes
- Contributing to in-store based promotions and displays
- Visual merchandising
- Assisting management with stock orders
- Packing outgoing online orders
- Receiving and putting away in-coming stock from suppliers
Either apply through our SEEK advert, or email your cover letter and CV to Ana (firstname.lastname@example.org)