SCAN N CUT SDX1200
The world's first electronic cutting machine with a built-in scanner now with Blade Sensor technology.
Cut card, self-adhesive vinyl, felt, leather and foam with the new Auto Blade that automatically detects the thickness of your material.
No PC required. Edit cut data on the 5 inch LCD touch screen display.
Reads SVG cutting files and PES embroidery files. Convert embroidery designs to cut data directly on the machine.
Cuts up to 3mm. Includes accessories for drawing, cutting fabrics and making fabric appliques.
Ready to cut, 1303 built-in designs, 17 built-in fonts. USB port for storing and importing files. Wireless network ready.
- Blade Sensor Technology with Auto Blade Revolutionary, home and hobby cutting machine technology detects the height (thickness) of the material placed on a ScanNCut DX compatible mat to cut precision custom and built-in patterns. No need to select material type nor adjust blade depth before cutting. Depending on the material, it is best to perform a test cut and/or adjust cutting pressure for a more perfect cut. There is also a setting to select half cut to for cutting the top layer of vinyl and not the backing.
- Thin Fabric Auto Blade This blade is designed to cut fabric used for quilting and raw edge appliqué purposes. Quilt with ease and help save time by cutting multiple pieces for your projects. Depending on the material, the Thin Fabric Auto Blade will cut thicknesses from 0.25-0.5mm. For use only with the ScanNCut DX machine and the ScanNCut DX Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder.
- PES/PHC Data Readability with Stitch Data Conversion So many more ways to utilize most existing PES/PHC/PHX appliqué files! The ScanNCut DX reads PES/PHC/PHX appliqué data from a USB memory stick (not included). Customize the PES/PHC/PHX file by selecting only the parts you want to cut. Then take the cut pieces to your Brother embroidery machine to tack down and create unique fabric items. Plus, using the Stich Line Detection mode, users can create various draw/emboss/ foil projects from one embroidery file. This is an exclusive function only available in the SDX225 model.
- Whisper Quiet Mechanism The Brother ScanNCut DX cuts and scans with little noise compared to previous models. Enjoy your DIY projects, card making, or quilting anytime day or night. The redesigned, quieter mechanism is perfect for use in small office or business setting where noise can be very distracting.
- Scanner Height Position Lever The ScanNCut DX machine has 2 positions for the built-in scanner. Position 1 (lower position) is used when scanning thin materials, photographs, and like items for a better-quality scan. Position 2 raises the scanner glass higher to scan thicker materials such as 3mm foam and for typical cutting and drawing.
- Built-in Storage and More The ScanNCut DX machine has ample storage for blades, touch pen, and other tools right inside the front cover! Everything that you store in these compartments stays put with the magnetic closures. Plus, the storage area can be used as a wide-flat work surface for securing materials to the mat. For smooth, even mat feeding the machine has a slide tray in the back.
- Wireless Network Ready Wirelessly transfer cut data from the machine to the CanvasWorkspace application. No additional activation card needed simply register for a Free account at http://canvasworkspace.brother.com to enable the functionality.
- 1303 Built-in Designs, Including 140 Quilt patterns, Plus 17 Lettering Fonts Get creative! Basic shapes, intricate designs, borders, quilt patterns, fonts, and more are all available on the easy-to-use 5-inch color LCD touchscreen display. Choose from many new appliqué patterns and 3-D paper patterns. Simply select a design, and then have it cut out on your material of choice. For adding even more variety to your creations, combine built-in designs or scan an image to create any number of one-of-a-kind designs.
- On-Screen Editing Editing designs is both quick and easy with ScanNCut DX. Every editing function can be done on the 5-inch LCD touch screen display. Easily convert your scanned designs into custom cut or draw files. Customize designs by changing the shape, size, or position, even using just part of a design. With the ability to weld, rotate and resize your designs, you’ll love having the ability to create fully detailed designs to your liking – all without the use of a computer or complicated software.
- Large Scanning and Cutting Area Using the included 12" x 12" cutting mat, or the 12" x 24" cutting mat (available for additional purchase), easily create and cut a wide variety of designs – from one as small as a delicate snowflake for a holiday ornament or one as large as an inspirational wall quote to place in your family living room. Plus, the cutting mats double as a scanning mat for ease of use! Now with 12" x 24" scanning capability! (SDX225 model only). Great for scanning 18" doll patterns and large quilt patterns to create cut data.
- Built-in Scanner – Up to 600 DPI for Scan to USB Turn your scanned images into unique one-of-a-kind cut designs and patterns. The secret lies in the high resolution built-in scanner. Scan virtually anything – a handmade drawing, a child’s handwriting, cherished photos, and more – to create endless cut designs and save to the machine’s memory. As a bonus, use the ScanNCut DX machine as a home scanner to archive pictures, documents, and more and save to your USB memory stick for use in your computer. Enhanced scanning with color recognition. Choose to scan in either grayscale or color RGB mode.
- Scan-to-Cut-Data Now with a smooth line feature getting more clean cuts is easy, simply select from three settings (low, middle, high) on the machine to fine-tune your scanned image to a more precise cutting line. Scan and convert to cut data. Using the technology of the smart scanner, scan in your design and save it as data to cut or draw. ScanNCut DX will create cut lines automatically, and then within minutes, hand drawn elements can grace the pages of your artwork as a cut element or drawing with the assistance of the pen draw feature.
- Seam Allowance and Sewing Guidelines Have you ever struggled with piecing together your fabric when working on various sewing and quilting projects? ScanNCut DX gives you the ability to add a seam allowance in ¼” increments to assist you in piecing together fabric pieces for your quilts, clothing and more. But wait, it gets better! You can even utilize the erasable pens (air soluble and water soluble) to create sewing guidelines on your designs to assure virtually perfect placement of your stitches.
- Optional Roll Feeder (Sold Separately) Expand creative possibilities by cutting up to 12” wide material and up to 1785.3mm (70.2” or 5.85 feet) in length. with the new roll feeder function that accommodates our ScanNCut adhesive vinyl rolls for home-décor items, car decals, signage and so much more! Plus, using our Universal Pen Holder drawing personalized banners is simple with the ScanNCut DX machine. In conjunction with CanvasWorkspace, create one-of-a-kind roll feeder cut data (.FCM file format) and get 1 Free design included with this accessory.
- Built-in Designs - 1,303
- Built-in Quilt Patterns - 140
- Built-in Fonts - 17
- Work Area - 11.7inch x 11.7inch (29.7cm x 29.7cm)
- Optional Extended Work Area - 11.7inch x 23.7inch (29.7cm x 60.3cm)
- Standard Blade - Max 0.8mm (May Vary) - Optional
- Deep Blade - Max 1.5mm (May Vary) - Optional
- Blade Depth Adjustment - Auto with Auto blade / Thin Fabric Auto blade
- Adjustable Holder Pressure - Auto with Auto blade holder / Thin Fabric Auto blade holder
- Cutting Speed - 9 Levels
- Cutting Material
- Paper: (Max 3.00 mm): Printer, Scrapbook, Cardstock, Vellum, Tracing, Poster
- Fabric: Thin cotton, Flannel, felt
- Others: Plastic sheet, Vinyl, Magnet Sticker, Seal
- Direct Cut - Frame Types (11)
- Enlargement Reduction - Designs can be Enlarged or Reduced
- Scanner Colour/Mono - Colour
- Scanner Resolution (Optical) - Up to 600 DPI for Scan to USB function, and 200 DPI for Direct Cut and Scan to Cut Data
- Scanning Area - Scan Size: 296.7 mm x 603.6mm
Scan to Keys - Scan Size: 10 formats + custom size
Select Scan Resolution: 600/ 400/ 300/ 200/ 150/ 100 dpi - JPEG data
- Display Type - LCD Touch Screen
- LCD Display - 5inch Colour (800 x 480 pixels
- Standard Memory - 1.5MB or 60 Pockets
- Software Available - Pattern list, Wireless Setup, ScanNCut CanvasWorkspace
- Interface - 1 USB Host / 1 USB Function, Wireless
- Wireless Interface - Yes
- Digital Media - Via USB Host
- Auto Blade & Holder for ScanNCut DX (x 1 each)
- Thin Fabric Auto Blade & Holder for ScanNCut DX (x 1 each)
- Standard Tack Adhesive Mat 12inch x 12inch for ScanNCut DX(x 1)
- Low Tack Adhesive Mat 12inch x 12inch for ScanNCut DX (x 1)
- 6 colour pen set (x 1)
- 2 erasable pen set (x 1)
- Pen holder (x 1)
- Touch Pen – Stylus (x 1)
- High Tack Adhesive Fabric Support Sheet: 12inch x 12inch (x 2)
- Iron-on Fabric Appliqué Contact Sheet: 12inch x 15.9inch (x 2)
- Getting Started Guide
- Cardstock (sample sheet) 12inch x 12inch (x 1)
- Power cord
All ScanNCut Starter Kits work on this machine.
FOLLOW UP SUPPORT
If you are able to come in store, we can book you in for a free introductory lesson on how to use your machine. We also do one-on-one lessons, from basic sewing to machine embroidery to ScanNCut. We include a FREE GIFT with most machines, so you can start sewing straight away!
If you need help our shop is open 6 days a week, and our staff are happy to help troubleshoot any concerns you might have. For more advanced technical issues or servicing, we can take your machine to a Brother-trained technician.
If you find the same item elsewhere at a better price, let us know and if we can, we will match it! As a local independent business sometimes we can't match on price, but we make up for this with our years of experience, product knowledge and top quality support for all our customers.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.